Our next tournament date is Saturday Oct 19th, 2019. The details are below. Set this date in your calendar, and
Our next tournament date is Saturday Oct 19th, 2019. The details are below. Set this date in your calendar, and invite your friends. I will email this out again the week of the tournament as a reminder. If you know of someone who would like to get on this mailer, email me their first and last name plus email address. Looking forward to seeing all of you there.
Max capacity = 30 players. (This is an open event so invite your friends. First come first serve if we fill up. Those who RSVP via email, text or the new website are guaranteed a spot.)
- One hand to a Player. (No helping)
- Don’t splash the pot, push your bets in front of the betting line in front of your spot. This makes it easy to keep track of raises and all-in bets.
- Don’t make change until the end of the betting round. Again keeping it easy to keep track of who owes what.
- No Soft (weak) betting. If you are last to act on the river and you have the nuts, you have to raise. (Keeps people from trying to take it easy on friends, always play to win.)
- Do NOT reveal your cards or talk about your cards until the hand is finished.
- Do NOT act out of order. Players who consistently act out of turn will be penalized.
- The hand speaks for it self. (example, if you say you have a pair and you really have a straight, It’s a straight.)
- No String Bets. (A wager made using more than one statement about the wager or using multiple motions to put chips into the pot)
- Verbalized Bets are final. (IF you verbalize Raise 600, it doesn’t matter how many motions it takes to get the 600 out there.)
- Please pay attention to the flow of the game, paying blinds, and acting when it is your turn. (It is very annoying for other players to constantly remind you it is your turn or to pay your blinds because you are not paying attention.) Have fun but be considerate.
- There is no set time to make a decision when it is your turn. If a player is taking more time than is reasonable, any player at the same table can call “CLOCK”. At which point, the player will have 60 seconds to act. If the player fails to act with in the 60 seconds, that players hand will be folded and action will continue to the next player in order. If a player is continually taking too long to take action, the host will be notified which will result in a final warning before the player is penalized.
- Big Blind Structure – The player in the Big Blind position will pay double the blinds to cover the ante’s for the entire table. If the blinds are 100 and 200. The Big Blind player will place 200 in front of him/her to cover the blinds and 200 in the pot to cover the table ante’s. The blinds and ante’s must be in separate piles so their is no confusion with other players believing you have raised. Using the previous illustration, if you don’t have any 100’s, you can’t just put a 500.00 chip in front of you to cover the blinds and ante’s. You would have to put a second 500.00 chip in the center to the table and make change for both when the betting round is finished. Or better yet, get change and then place 200 in front of you and 200 in the pot. This speeds up play and guarantee’s more hands per round, reduces confusion and we make sure the game ends on time.
- If there is a dispute that can’t be settled at the table level, I will step in to make a final decision as host which will be final.